Tax Staff Accountant
With a firm history tracing back more than 80 years, Lopata, Flegel & Company LLP, a client-focused, full service accounting and management consulting firm located in St. Louis, MO, has long been dedicated to serving our clients, our people, and our community. Using a full array of leading edge technology solutions, we are committed to providing measurable value by helping our clients identify and achieve their financial goals.
The ideal candidate should have up to two years’ experience in tax compliance and research. Tax experience should include corporate, partnership, and multi-state income tax returns, as well as individual returns. In this position candidates will focus on:
- Preparing individual, trust, and entity tax returns
- Preparing tax projections and work with clients to identify tax savings
- Staying current on changing tax laws and government programs
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Familiarity with ProSystem tax or similar software preferred
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
We focus on hiring outstanding professionals who are dedicated to assisting the businesses and families we serve navigate their financial demands and challenges. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, commissions for new business, a flexible work schedule and a professional, friendly environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid/remote
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@lfco-cpa.com